Usually, these games annoy me. I can’t stand the ones that tell me if I don’t copy and paste a certain status I am a bad person. I’m annoyed at the ones thinking they’re going to further a cause by posting an enigmatic status update instead of just saying what they want to say. And the tag games just get old after a bit. Plus, my facebook notes are streamed from this blog, so if I participate in the tag games it adds things to my notes that aren’t part of the blog, which I don’t prefer.
I decided to go ahead and play the following game, though, because it’s one I haven’t seen before. Instead of answering a predetermined set of questions, it asks the following:
“Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 30 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end choose 30 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you, if I tagged you it is because I want to know more about you…”
So here are my thirty random facts. Enjoy (or not) and feel free to participate by posting your own thirty random facts, whether or not you’ve been officially tagged, but do not feel pressured to do so; I won’t agonize over it for decades on end feeling slighted and ignored just because you chose not to participate in a silly tag game on a social networking site.
1. I have to kiss my husband three times in a row when he leaves the house or goes to bed.
2. In high school I had pink hair and then maroon hair.
3. I used to wear things like prom dresses and costumes to class my freshman year of college.
4. I prefer cats to dogs.
5. I could live off of convenience store food.
6. I’m addicted to Dr. Pepper.
7. I haven’t been to a movie theater since I was four months pregnant with Luna.
8. I want to get my doctorate.
9. I love to go for walks in the middle of the night.
10. When I was little I wanted to be every profession that has the potential to bring fame and fortune.
11. I sing in the shower.
12. I miss being in college.
13. I’ve always wanted a convertible.
14. I don’t own a winter coat.
15. I’ve only been drunk twice in my entire life.
16. I’m scared to take chances without safety nets.
17. I love eating frog legs.
18. Pink is my favorite color.
19. When I was in Job Corps I slept on top of my linens so that I wouldn’t have to make my bed in the morning.
20. I hate wearing shoes.
21. I love to go hiking, rock climbing, and spelunking.
22. The only animal I’ve ever killed for food is a fish.
23. I’m allergic to most metals except silver and gold.
24. I sing along with the radio and MP3.
25. I’m afraid of the dark.
26. I feel guilty every time I spend money on myself.
27. I use the architecture feature of my Sims 3 game to build replicas of my house, which I then remodel in various ways to
see what my house could look like if funds were unlimited.
28. I have a crush on Jessica Alba.
29. I talk during movies and TV shows, working the plot out and making predictions.
30. Sometimes I imagine the CSI crew solving my murder.